Andrew W. Ross Endowed Photography Scholarship
This scholarship was created in honor of Andrew Ross. Mr. Ross began teaching photography at Radford University in 2014. He had to step down from his position in 2018 after being diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Andrew Ross was committed to students and the program, including donating photography and printing equipment and reorganizing an art gallery in the McConnell Library. The gallery has been named the "Andrew W. Ross Student Art Gallery " in his honor.
His father, Coleman Ross endowed this scholarship with hopes that is would help Radford University to recruit, retain and reward talented students who will bring recognition to photography and the arts at Radford.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 and be in good academic standing.
- Students must be on progress to degree.
- Transfer students are eligible
- Financial need is not a requirement
- Scholarship is renewable, but student must apply each year and is not guaranteed to be renewed.
- Undergraduate students are required to submit a portfolio that will be reviewed by selection committee.
- Graduate students may receive this scholarship in addition to an assistanceship.