Dianne Cox Plaisted Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Dianne Plaisted gradated from Radford University in 1978 with a MS in Nursing. She was a Clinical Nurse Specialist at NRV Medical Center. She was devoted to the nursing profession and impacted the lives of numerous people in the New River Valley. Mrs. Plaisted returned to Radford University to complete a Post-Masters FNP (the first person to do so) and was an advisor in the graduate program. She passed away in November 2000 shortly before completing the FNP and was awarded the Certificate posthumously. Eva Ayers `79, friend and colleague spearheaded fundraising efforts to endow the scholarship. Many friends and family members contributed in this scholarship to honor her memory.
- Postgraduate nursing study of at least six credit hours.
- Must maintain an overall 3.0 GPA at Radford University.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Can be renewable if eligibility criteria are met.
- Applicant must be a resident of Virginia.
- Must submit a two-page essay describing “How I Will Use Humor in the Practice of Nursing”.
- Must not be, nor ever have been on 20 weeks or more of disciplinary probation or suspension from any academic institution of higher learning.