AASIS Scholarship in Honor of Rosemary A. Middleton
The Appalachian Arts and Studies in the Schools Program (AASIS) was established in 2000. Mentors from Radford University are assigned to Southwest Virginia students, to encourage them to pursue higher education, and to learn about their Appalachian heritage. Students are invited to Radford to learn first-hand the benefits of a college experience. Gifts in honor of Rosemary Middleton helped fund this important program.
- Participation in the AASIS Program as a Junior Scholar for at least one year.
- Two recommendations from teachers.
- One reference should come from the AASIS teacher who selected the Scholar to participate in the program.
- Admission to Radford University.
- Completion of AASIS application packet by deadline.